Thursday

Flavored Mayonnaise for Sandwiches

Lately I've been making a lot of sandwiches for lunch because I have less time for cooking now, and to make the sandwiches more interesting, I put flavorings in the mayo and store them in tiny plastic bowls - not more than 1/4 cup in volume. I don't want to make a large batch of flavored mayo because I like to keep changing what I put in. Aioli qualifies as flavored mayo, and I make that fairly frequently. 

 I like to add dill and black pepper to it for variety. The most common way I flavor mayo is to add hot sauce to it (I saw this in the movie Undercover Brother, and think about that movie whenever I do this, even though I had done it before I saw the movie.) I've started branching out to other spices, including curry powder and some other things that I have gotten from Penzeys or that people have given me from Penseys. An old time favorite is Thai curry paste, but chili paste is good also. I like to use Roquefort salad dressing on sandwiches as well, but I'm not really thinking about salad dressings when I make sandwiches. 
 What are your favorite ways of flavoring mayonnaise for sandwiches? BTW, I don't mix mustard and mayo together, since I like to use mustard separately, but I do sometimes mix in wasabi or horseradish.

0 comments:

Post a Comment